After I’d used up my 5kg of tomatoes, making sun-dried tomatoes, I thought it would be a good idea to find some recipes to use them in! I came across this recipe and adapted it a bit, it was so tasty!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp crushed garlic
- ½ c sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ tsp chilli (avoid this if you don’t want a ‘kick’ to it)
- ½ c white wine
- 1 c chicken stock
- ¼ – ½ c coconut milk
- 1-2 Tbsp chopped basil
NB: I would recommend getting all the ingredients measured out and ready to go, before making a start on the cooking!
- Get brown rice underway (it can take a while)
- Lightly cook the chicken in olive oil (doesn’t matter if it doesn’t cook all the way through – it’ll cook some more later)
- Set chicken aside
- Put chilli, garlic and tomatoes in frypan, cook for a minute
- Add chicken stock and bring to boil
- Add wine and bring to boil
- Return chicken to frypan and simmer on a low heat for 5 minutes
- Add Coconut milk and basil in and simmer on a low heat for 5 minutes
- Once the rice is complete, serve up with some extra basil on top.